Civilian aircaft over Salalah. An uncommon sight. It has its undercarriage retracted so it may very well have just taken off. The airfield was constructed in 1928 and had been in use as a military staging post. In the 1950s it was a refuelling staging post for the duty Valetta flights from Khormaksar to Mauripur. In the 1960s it was a refuelling stop on the Aden-Masirah-Sharjah-Bahrain route.